Thursday, June 5, 2014

Surgery Update

Good morning, well Connor slept through the night last night thankfully! We arrived at the hospital on time and got all checked in. We met with his doctors and he flirted with the nurses, they told us what would be happening. Shortly after admitting they had given Connor some medicine and it really made him loopy! Once he began to get tired as the medicine took effect and they quickly whisked him away to begin everything. Andrew and I went and got breakfast at the cafeteria briefly. When we made it back up to the waiting room where other parents sat quietly, we were told that we would have our own private room to wait while Connor is in surgery, considering it will be a 4 hour surgery we were eager to settle in for the long haul. Well.....not quite....when we asked where our room would be we were told that they were all given away and that we would be waiting in the open area amoungst the other parents. I immediately broke down. I just was expecting to have a place to shut the door and relax, I am understanding of the idea that all these parents have children here facing an issue today but as I watch them come and go while I remain in my plastic chair it's hard to keep it together. We sat at the end of the room by a window and looked outside. I looked up and saw Dr. Woo, Connors surgeon looking for us, but by time I could catch him it was too late! Andrew and I asked the recipetionist if she could get any info for us as it had been an hour since they had taken him back. We got a pager and gave the front desk our cell numbers so we could just walk around. We recived an update at 9 and were able to talk to Dr. Woo which made me feel so much better. Connor did just fine falling asleep they were having problems getting his IVs in. As of 10:02 he has recieved his incision, is fully sedated and they are doing surgery now! Thanks to everyone for the prayers and texts!! So far he's doing beautifully!!!

1 comment:

  1. Prayin for u girl if u need anything just let me no I wokr up this morning with a migrain normally id mope around crying about what awful pain I was in then I read this today im not gonna say a word im gonna take it as lettin ur baby barrow some of mt brain strength today cause he is gonna need it I couldnt imagin what ur goin threw if u wanna text me or call just to chat while waiting for some giggles call me k 358 8901 best of luck love ya guys let me know if ya need anything k!!

    ReplyDelete