Saturday, June 7, 2014

Recovery update!

Yesterday Connor was amazing!! It was surreal to see him acting completely normal so soon! When we moved into recovery he was walking and talking! Dr. Smyth came in and was amazed at how well he was doing even! Last night was a little rough for us all. Connor does not want to be laid down on his back at all at this point as the swelling and head pressure seem to be unbearable for him. He slept on me the whole night tho which of course I didn't mind, I love holding him! I was able to get a big bed so we don't have to sleep on a chair. Last night he would cry if I moved even the slightest, needless to say my back didn't appreciate it. Whenever I would finally fall asleep a nurse would come In to give him meds or check his vitals. Andrew and I were able to get a nice nap in today while Connor slept though. Most of today he had just slept, with anesthesia completely gone I think his body went into recovery mode. He will wake up for a while and we will read or look out the window. But then he'd tire quickly and immediately fall asleep on Andrew or I.  His face is swollen a little more but they have reassured us that it's all normal! We are scheduled a CT in the morning and afterwards if all is well......(drumroll) we are discharged! Can you believe it, his skull was removed, broken, and put back together in a different way just days ago. The advances of modern medicine practice is just awesome!!
Until next time! 
Katie
Looking out the window! 




No comments:

Post a Comment