Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Weekend

Andrew had matching sock monkey hats made!
Sunday our amazing friends and family threw a benefit for Connor at Sliderz Bar here in town. Sunday morning I woke up before everyone else and woke up and prayed. It was such a peaceful morning. Andrew and I decided to get family pictures taken before Connor had his surgery. Valerie Cook did an awesome job and I am in love with all of them!!
 We had a great weekend with Andrew being off. I am thankful that he was off this weekend so we had one last "normal" weekend before Connor has his surgery. The benefit was amazing. Thank you to everyone who came and donated in some way. I got to see so many people! My friend Devin came with his little boy.We have not seen each other since we graduated from Lincoln in 2010! His little boy and Connor had so much fun playing together! In times like these I have really seen the good in people and people do care!  Special thanks to Lacey, Megan and my sister, Jennifer for putting it all together! It was more than Andrew and I could have imagined! We both came home and cried because of how wonderful it was and how blessed we are to have so many people care and want to help! 
We took Connor to the pool on Monday! He loved it so much! He is a natural fish! This weekend we really just relaxed and hung out together, I couldn't have asked for anything more! 
A week from today we will be headed to St. Louis for Connors surgery. We are going to leave around nap time so when we get there Connor will be rested! We are planning on going to the zoo and just have one last fun day together before his surgery! As time gets closer I am getting more anxious. The worst for me is that Connor has no idea what is going to happen. I also have so many fears of what could go wrong.  They are going to take him and he's going to be fine then he's going to be in pain. But I keep reminding myself that we are in the best care and everything is going to be ok! I have been praying and we have so many prayers and good vibes coming our way I can feel them! Thank you all for everything! 

I will leave you all with a few pictures from our weekend! 
Until next time! 
Katie 
Pool fun!

Love them!
Forever friends!
We love Lacey!!
My favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment